Every year at National Conference, policy from the NEC, Nations, Liberations and Sections Conferences is reported on and adopted by conference. This page contains a summary of policies plus a link to each of the relevant policy documents to be adopted.
Please note this page will be updated as Resolutions are passed at Spring Conferences. Due to where Conferences have fallen in the calendar year some areas have resolutions from two conferences to be adopted
475. Policy Adoption
476. During each Annual National Conference each of the following bodies will report to the National Conference on its work throughout the year and propose for adoption policies passed at the relevant conference of each body.
c. Liberation Campaigns
d. Student Sections
e. National Executive Council
477. Unless an objection is raised these policies will be automatically adoption at the end of the National Conference
478. Objections to the adoption of any such policies or part thereof will be delivered to the Democratic Procedures Committee
479. During the relevant session of the National Conference the Chairperson will invite at least one speech in favour of each objection, and at least one speech against. The Chairperson will then move to a vote where a simple majority will sustain the objection and the policy or part thereof will not be adopted
480. In the event that policy is adopted under these procedures which conflicts with policy passed as a result of Zone or Emergency Motion debates at National Conference the policy passed at National Conference as a result of Zone or Emergency Motion debates shall take precedence over this adopted policy as the position of the National Union.
Before National Conference: You should read through this document and contact the Democratic Procedures Committee. You are encouraged to discuss the reasons for your challenge with the relevant Convenor of that policy before you submit your challenge. If there are no challenges the motions will be adopted automatically.
Sets interim policy that affects the work of the National Union as a whole. This includes motions remitted from National Conference.
These are politically autonomous organisations set up to represent the students of a geographical area – Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland
Policy will be posted here after Nations Conferences in Spring 2019
These are politically autonomous campaigns set up to represent those students who are discriminated against or disadvantaged by society because of their background, culture, gender, gender identity, race, sexual orientation or ability. They are the Black Students Campaign, Disabled Students Campaign, LGBT+ Campaign, Trans Campaign and Women’s Campaign.
Black Students' Resolutions 2018 (to follow)
Black Students' Resolutions 2019 (to follow after 2019 Conference)
Disabled Students' Resolutions 2018 (to follow)
LGBT+ Students' Resolutions 2019 - will follow after LGBT+ Conference 5/6 March 2019
Trans Students' Resolutions 2019 (to follow)
These are groups set up within the HE and Welfare Zones to represent the needs of particular sections of students. These are International Students, Mature and Part Time Students and Postgraduate Students.
Postgraduate, Mature & Part Time and International Resolutions 2018 (to follow)